Landscape Construction Labourer
Reports to: Project Foreman Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Starting Wage: $18/ hour, plus vacation pay 4% Season Begins: May 1st
The Landscape Labourer is responsible for performing a variety of work tasks (generally physical labour) in order to assist with the completion of landscape construction projects. The landscape labourer will be required to operate a variety of tools and equipment to carry out specified job tasks.
- Assist in the preparation of jobsites prior to the beginning of a project;
- Operate various tools and equipment, including: chainsaws, measurement equipment, shovels, drills, etc.;
- Assist in the construction of walkways, gardens, water features, decks, ponds, etc.;
- Perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment by conducting inspections, lubricating, and cleaning on a daily basis;
- Dig ditches, trenches, gardens, or patio bases;
- Edge and mulch gardens, install trees, shrubs and perennials;
- Perform land clearing activities;
- Load and unload materials, tools, and equipment required to complete landscape construction projects;
- Read and interpret drawings, structural drawings, and specifications to perform work activities.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent;
- Capable of operating required equipment and tools in a safe and responsible manner;
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written);
- Time management skills;
- Ability to read and interpret designs and specifications;
- Must possess a valid driver’s license;
- Knowledge of specific materials, methods, tools and equipment required to complete various landscape/construction practices;
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision, and as part of a team;
- Ability to resolve work related problems;
- Ability to walk, stand, crouch for long periods of time and carry out strenuous physical tasks;
- Proficiency in English.
- Large workload;
- Tight deadlines;
- Physically demanding;
- Handling heavy loads;
- Manual dexterity;
- Attention to detail;
- Combination of: sitting, standing for extended periods, walking, bending, crouching, and kneeling.